Thread: [Fictional Stories - ENF] Mickie's Title Rampage
View Single Post
Old 10-10-2016, 08:30 PM

Default Women's Hell in a Cell

Quote:
Originally Posted by smjimmie1348 View Post
On a different subject do you think it's a good idea for Sasha vs Charlotte to be in hell in a cell ?
I'm not opposed to there eventually being a Women's Hell in a Cell Match. And I'm not even opposed to Charlotte and Sasha being the ones to compete in it. I just don't think that this is the right time for it. I think they're just having the match for the sake of having the first-ever Women's Hell in a Cell Match and to add to their Divas Revolution.

My problem isn't with the current storyline its more with the WWE as a whole and how they seem to be misusing the Hell in a Cell Match. For me, there's always been a sort of mysticism about the Cell. I saw it as the ultimate way for two wrestlers to tear each other apart and finally put an end to a deeply personal rivalry. But that mysticism has diminished over the years with how WWE makes the Hell in a Cell Match an annual spectacle by creating a gimmick Hell in a Cell Pay-Per-View. Add in the fact that there are multiple Hell in a Cell Matches in the same night and it really takes away from the high stakes vibe that I used to love about a brutal Hell in a Cell Match.

There have been some stand out Hell in a Cell Matches in recent years. Lesnar vs Undertaker was great. HHH vs Undertaker at WrestleMania 28 was phenomenal. But that's because those feuds were given the proper build up. As much as I enjoyed seeing Shane jump off of the Cell at WrestleMania 32... I didn't think that match needed to be a Hell in a Cell match because there was no personal investment in the rivalry. Undertaker was just there to fight Shane in Vince's place. And that fact that it didn't actually solve anything made it look like a blow off match. Shane was back how many weeks later? And Vince gave him control over Raw anyway. There were no lasting repercussions from that match except for that one spot.

Again, I'm not opposed to Charlotte and Sasha eventually facing off in a Hell in a Cell Match. But in the long run, this match isn't going to mean anything. There are six divas on the Raw roster. No matter who wins, Sasha and Charlotte are going to end up feuding again in another month anyway so the Hell in a Cell Match won't solve anything. The proper way to do it would be to have them feud on and off for another couple of years. Have them team together, have them turn on each other. Make it a storied rivalry so that when they finally clash in the Cell its cause that's the only kind of match that could possible hope to contain the boiling animosity between the two women.

IMO, Triple H vs Shawn Michaels at Bad Blood 2004 was the greatest Hell in a Cell Match ever. This was a deeply personal rivalry between two men who had once been as close as brothers but had turned into bitter, mortal enemies. The two had faced each other multiple times before but THIS was going to be the match where they finally settled the score. And boy did they! Those two tore each other apart for the better part of an hour. And when it finally ended with Triple H getting the win... they went their separate ways. Triple H went on to feud with you-know-who for the Championship while Michaels was attacked by Kane and written off TV until he came back in September. They didn't fight again until Taboo Tuesday in October and that was only because it was 'voted on'. After that they continued to stay away from each other.

Sasha and Charlotte has the potential to be a deeply personal rivalry like that. But to push ahead with a Hell in a Cell Match so early in their careers feels like it's premature.

But anyway, that's just the opinion of one wrestling nerd on a forum for sex stories. Take is for what it is.
The Following User Says Thank You to MickGesitt For This Useful Post: