View Single Post
Old 11-10-2017, 02:57 AM

Thumbs up And yet...

Quote:
Originally Posted by openthe4thseal View Post
I have to be honest. These kind of suck. They're so bad, they have to be real.
...on the few occasions that I have been lucky enough to have circumstances very much in my favor, I have worked pretty hard and been fairly excited to capture footage that wasn't nearly this good. (What's it take? A good subject in a good location plus an adjacent spot with a clear view and some privacy (ironically), for shooting. Also timing, equipment, luck.) Maybe a few dozen times I have lucked upon some tremendous view, but it only takes one factor to mess it up. I once had a real hottie in an apartment across the street, and my view of her bedroom was very good. But I didn't have a zoom lens or the $$$$ to get one. Once I was killing time in a friend's dorm room, and in the building across the courtyard a light turned on and three girls walked into the room and changed clothes. That time I had no camera. Did I mention the time an attractive traveling coworker stayed the night? It occurred to me that there was a gap around an air duct that might afford a nice view of the shower, and it did. But this was in the days of the 35mm SLR. It would have been tough to place it, and the snapping sound of the shutter would have been bad. One time it all looked like it would all align. I was out for a pre-dawn walk and what did I see? A long-haired lady getting into her shower. It was a second story window, but it was pretty big and was in the shower - i.e. no curtains in the way. The area wasn't secluded enough, but few people were awake and it was just too tempting, so I decided to go out on a limb. (Not quite literally, but almost.) I figured if I hopped up on an adjacent 1st story flat roof, I would have a close, unobstructed view, and probably no one would notice me. I scrambled up pretty easily (there must have been a fence or something to climb), but I'd only gotten about halfway up when she turned to face the window, and her beard and chest hair were so thick that I hastily dropped down and left. That's right, the one time I had a close, clear view of the right place, and happened by at the right time, and could have gone unnoticed, the subject who'd been a svelte young woman from 100 yards away turned out to be some hairy dude. Also I just remembered I had no camera on me.
I didn't mean for this story to be so long, but I wanted to make this point: Anyone who thinks voyvids must be perfect to be good has probably never tried shooting one. Put another way: Waste not, want not.
Thanks for the post.
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to sbl3815 For This Useful Post: