Thread: [Links to Non Fiction Stories] True Blog Stories
View Single Post
Old 02-13-2011, 11:01 PM

Thanked 1,695 Times in 197 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamsicator View Post
Hi - thanks for the links. Very interesting

How do you find these? ie, what search terms do you use?
Glad you like them. This is the kind of thing I'm interested in, so I figured there would be others out there who would like it. Some people are entirely visual and don't care about stories without pictures, but I like both. I found these links over the course of years, with various search terms. One of the things I do now that helps is put blogs I find interesting in an RSS reader. This makes it easier.

One way the searches come about is to see a story, like the one below on Salon.com.
hxxp://www.salon.com/travel/feature/1998/06/04/feature

It features two women that visited the shrines in the Tongo Hills and were told they had to remove their tops to enter the shrine. I really enjoyed that story even though the girls didn't remove their bras, but I wondered if there was such a place that women were expected to be topless. So I did some research and found that it is a real thing. I found a handful of stories that confirm this, but I'm sure there are a lot more out there. These days I wouldn't be surprised if the locals set up a live web cam.

Below are some of the stories I found.

hxxp://www.getjealous.com/getjealous.php?action=showdiaryentry&diary_id=1924 22&go=millicent
hxxp://worldmingler.blogspot.com/2007/06/ghana-update-eventful-week.html
hxxp://kendrainghana.blogspot.com/2008/06/lots-to-tell.html
hxxp://tamarp.waarbenjij.nu/index.php?page=message&id=1249295

Some pictures of women in the location...
hxxp://gallery.digitaleplaza.com/displayimage.php?album=6885&pos=8
hxxp://cid-46b9af2e27b23f8e.skydrive.live.com/browse.aspx/.res/46B9AF2E27B23F8E!322/

It seems that a lot of the women who go there are Dutch, not sure why. If anyone out there has something to contribute on this topic, please post.
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to island101 For This Useful Post: