View Single Post
Old 12-23-2013, 05:49 PM

Thanked 260,671 Times in 8,706 Posts

First of a possible project (if there's enough interest to justify the work): when analog TV went dark, and pretty much anybody who didn't already have cable went ahead and got it, I and two or three other troglodytes just bought the set-top digital converter boxes; in response to us, many stations added one or more digital sub-stations. One of the ones in my reception area decided to devote one such sub-station to the offerings of MHzNetworks, and I started watching their international news and international mystery shows; it soon became apparent on viewing the latter that they were trying to comply with FCC strictures (this is still technically broadcast, remember), by blurring anything they thought might violate those precious decency standards. I've been searching out uncensored versions of those scenes: on the episode I excerpt here, originally shown on French TV, there were several such moments, my favorite of which was this one, where a neophyte stripper in postwar Paris has been assured that, while she must take it all off, the traditional burlesque blackout will preserve a minimum modesty. Unbeknownst to her, a surprise has been planned...
Attached Thumbnails
vlcsnap-2013-12-23-14h33m59s117.jpg  
Attached Files
File Type: mp4 MAIGRET au PICRATTS film avec Bruno Crémer (HD) (1).mp4 (49.27 MB, 1662 views)
Streaming Videos
The Following 63 Users Say Thank You to crispus For This Useful Post: