View Single Post
Old 06-16-2017, 07:28 AM

Thanked 1,982 Times in 139 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrjombi View Post
Some of these photos look new to me on this site, so I'm sharing all of them and apologize for the ones that have been posted previously. I think there are some nice ones here, as I've always been a fan of charity photos modeled by mature women.
No need to apologise - they do look familiar but it's good to see them again.

I love the middle aged woman charity photos too. I wouldn't visit this site if it weren't for them. It amuses me that so many women in UK were keen to strip naked. I admire them for having the balls to do it. Particularly, when it involves someone I know. Sadly, I think the fad has run its course now.

A feminist academic says this is a parady of the younger idealised female form in old-style girlie pictures. She considers the older women who pose nude are setting themslves up for ridicule. Yet at the same time they represent a tradition of maternal christian charity.

This may be true but I think it is also a very curious act of rebellion by middle-class middle-aged women. Many of the women are well up for exposing as much as they are allowed to with the rules of charity calenders (no nipples, etc.) The women I knew who got involved wanted to reveal more than this. I think this tension may be a big part of the appeal of the photos.

It's a pity so much of this thread (including my old lady) was withdrawn at Dalquaz's request.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to winston optic beer For This Useful Post: