View Single Post
Old 02-16-2011, 03:44 PM

Thanked 1,695 Times in 197 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by elske View Post
I must say this is a great thread
Thanks for all the good stuff !
You're welcome.

I love medical stories. Some of my favorites take place at the gyno in Japan. Things are a little different there than in America. Many stories there feature a moving chair that goes horizontal while the legs spread. They also use a curtain that falls at the waist of the woman so she and the doctor can't make eye contact while she's being examined. It's supposed to make the woman less embarrassed. And also interesting, some of the stories take place in a room with only 3 walls, with the 4th being the curtain the woman's legs pass through. On the other side may be a hallway the other medical staff passes through or it may be desks with medical personnel, so that if they look at the "curtain walls" they'll see women from the waist down with their legs spread. I need to get a medical job in Japan.

1. In this story a woman and her friend decide to visit the gyno.
hxxp://livingzen.blogspot.com/2005/06/going-to-doctor-in-japanmy_111918401474919132.html

2. Another gyno story...
hxxp://missember.blogspot.com/2006/06/ladies-clinic.html

3. A pap smear in Japan...
hxxp://jessenstef.spaces.live.com/?_c11_BlogPart_BlogPart=blogview&_c=BlogPart&partq s=amonth%3d9%26ayear%3d2008

4. This is one of my favorites. She talkes about the office area on the other side of the curtain.
hxxp://moriokanadventure.blogspot.com/2006/09/gynaecology-japan-style.html
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to island101 For This Useful Post: