Thread: Life's a beach
View Single Post
Old 01-29-2010, 10:18 PM

Thanked 58,015 Times in 2,592 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctcook View Post
I greatly appreciate those guys who contribute and contribute and contribute. Such as osreb and Klondike.

I am occasionally annoyed by reposts, but mostly I look at a repost as "an oldie but a goodie", and I enjoy the reminder of a good picture I'd already seen.

I appreciate Sal32, also. But I don't often equate starting a thread with owning a thread--unless it's a very short-lived thread. When a thread becomes as active as Life's a Beach, I look at it as the thread starter started a good thing, and gave it to the forum. In other words, I don't see at as Sal32's thread to control.

Finally, threads like Life's a Beach are so big it's really impossible to post without risk of reposting. The only way to prevent reposts on such a successful thread would be to stop new postings. (And of course the thread would no longer be successful.)

Sal32, please don't take offense at any of this. I mean no disrespect toward you and I love what you've done for the forum over and over.

ctcook
ctcook,, i didn't think i needed to explain this again, i posted a relevant link in the previous page

Once again this is not about the usual repost that's going to appear occasionally. !
I repeat, this is not about the usual repost that's going to appear occasionally.!
Obviously that's always going to happen, because one can't remember all the thousand pics that have been posted here. I've got no dramas with that!

Now the problem,....osreb has posted some great pics here, but that's been overshadowed by the deluge of reposts in between, and what's peeved me and others off is the scale of his constant reposting of pics(most often all 10 pics in the set) knowing they were already posted. Most often they were posted(or in many cases reposted) just a few pages back or a month or so back. It's been happening here for awhile, and in other threads, and it was just starting to happen in the skinny dipping thread too, and in very blatant manner too!!

and what are you on about me controlling the thread.
Yes i do take offense!!.. throw a dagger at me why don't you,!
You know how much time and patience it took me to collect almost 9000 beach pics, or do you think i found them inside a cereal packet???
I find it unbelievable that you have a go at me, and you have nothing to say about osreb's shenanigans in regards to his deliberate reposts!!

and i never told osreb to stop posting here until he asked..
Quote:
If any thread starter tell me not to post on their thread I will ceed to their wishes.
---
folks i think i hear the fat lady singing

Last edited by sal32; 01-29-2010 at 10:23 PM.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to sal32 For This Useful Post: