View Single Post
Old 09-05-2017, 10:00 AM

Thanked 1,695 Times in 197 Posts
Default #3 I Was on a Japanese Game Show

About: Melissa, 24 years old, originally Toronto, Canada. Now living in Japan and teaching adult English as a second language classes.

Story:
I want to tell you one of my craziest stories after living in Japan for two years. Not sure if many of you have seen Japanese television, but they have some of the craziest shows. Many involve outrageous stunts which would probably not be allowed in Canada or the U.S.

Last week I was invited by Rieko, my best friend here, to go to a gameshow. She won two tickets (apparently, they are hard to get your hands on) and invited me to go with her. She thought it would be a lot of fun to see the craziness first hand. Little did I know I’d become a part of the craziness.

On this show, they give you a hat when you enter the studio and if your hat lights up, then you are asked to do a stunt to win prizes. None of the prizes are worth much. The stunts usually involve situations to make the participant look silly and gives the audience in person and on tv a chance to laugh at the situations and the people in them.
A man was selected for the first stunt which involved eating weird foods that nobody would ever want to eat as the audience groaned and laughed. The second stunt involved a man getting tied up to a large dart board while other people threw “nerf” items at him.

When it came time to pick the next contestant everyone was looking at me. I didn’t realize that my hat lit up until Reiko informed me. I didn’t really want to go up there, but thought I’d look like a bad sport if I didn’t. Everyone was having so much fun. Now it was my turn for the fun to be at my expense. Maybe I could at least win a toaster or some other item I didn’t need.

I walked up to the stage to the cheers of the crowd. The game I was selected for was trivia. I’m OK at trivia, so not bad so far. Then they announced the penalty. For every wrong answer, I have to remove an article of clothing. I thought about backing out, but the people in the crowd kept cheering me on and encouraging me. I had seen nudity on Japanese tv (boobs and butts, genitals are always censored), but figured for this show I’d only have to strip to my bra and panties which is similar to a bikini, so I agreed to play.

I got the first few questions right, but then got a few wrong in a row. The crowd roared a little louder after each miss. Eventually I was down to my bra and panties. I figured this was the end until they read the next question. I said wait a minute, I don’t have anything else I’m willing to remove. Then the crowd started cheering for me again and chanting my name (Me-lis-sa, Me-lis-sa). I looked up at Reiko and she was also cheering me on. It surprised me because she’s usually reserved, but she was getting into it. It’s her favorite show. I didn’t want to let her down so I said I’d continue, the crowd cheering me on.

That was a bad decision on my part as I got the next questions wrong and was soon standing in front of the crowd completely naked, hands covering my full frontal nudity. They brought my clothes backstage to get dressed, so I had to do a walk of shame past the crowd to the backstage area. As I was walking back the host stuck out his hand for me to shake. Not wanted to offend (I am Canadian) I briefly uncovered my crotch for a quick handshake.

I was hoping they’d at least blur it out my nudity on tv to save me embarrassment. Well, the show aired tonight and they did do some blurring, but not as much as I had hoped. I used my arm to cover my breasts most of the time, but you can see them, nipples and all when I take off my bra. You can also see my bare ass when they shot from behind. They did blur my lower frontal nudity, which I was grateful for. The funny thing is, that I’m a redhead and I’ve had at least a few friends, both male and female ask if the carpet matches the d****s. They weren’t trying to be funny, to them it was a legitimate question. I always tell them it’s none of their business in a kind way. Although they blurred my crotch, you can still see color and a blur of red. Any of my curious friends who watch the show will now have their answer. So will any of my “English as a second language” students who watched. Good grief.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to island101 For This Useful Post: