View Single Post
Old 05-06-2005, 07:59 PM
Curator of the museum of public nudity

Thanked 106,642 Times in 6,172 Posts
Default some reservations

I can understand anyone being creeped by these pics especially if they have ever been in a situation even remotely similar. But as for me, I am less bothered by them (staged, that is) than real pics of women being forced to pose for husbands who like to dress them up in cutsy outfits for their own pleasure. That has been posted here also. If a woman has voluntarily consented to appear in the nude with a gun at her head, then I am OK with that. Art nude themes can often be somewhat perverted and violent, but for the sake of "art" they're acceptable to me as long as they are not overly graphic.

On the other hand, a real woman posing under duress is far less acceptabe to me. If she doesn't want her pic taken, then I don't want her pic.

Still on the otherhand, I'm not comfortable with guys getting turned on by a woman's misfortune and some of the things Jessica wrote bothered me more than the pics themselves. There is a point where the thrill talked about would seem to encourage violence against women. But nobody wants to see real suffering, at least I sure don't. A little staged violence or "friendly" defrocking may push thing a little, but it's only not acceptable to me if it is clear that the woman's true feelings have been hurt or ignored.

Klondike