View Single Post
Old 11-01-2017, 07:48 AM

Thanked 1,695 Times in 197 Posts
Default #10 - Backyard Bucket Bath

About: Jessica, 23 years old from San Diego. She is a Peace Corps worker living with a family in rural Guatemala.

Story:
I’ve been living in a small village in Guatemala for the past 6 months with a local host family. The family consists of a husband and wife and their two young boys, aged 5 and 6. The husband’s father also lives with us.

The kids are a lot of fun to hang out with. Yesterday we went fishing at a nearby pond. The area is very muddy and all three of us fell in the mud multiple times. By the time we left we were all caked in mud. It looked like we had been rolling in the mud rather than fishing.

As we approached the house my host mom was sitting outside on the porch. The kids ran up towards the front door and their mom told them to stop and that they would have to go around back and wash up before she would let them in the house. They then took off to the back of the house.

I figured those comments were meant for the boys and continued to walk towards the front door looking forward to cleaning up in the bathroom. My host mother told me to stop and that I also had to wash up around back before I could enter the house. She said she would leave towels out back to dry off with and wear before I enter the house.

When I went to the back of the house the boys had already stripped off and were washing with water from a large bucket. Kids at that age have no modesty as they just happily washed off all the mud from their bodies, oblivious to their surroundings. When they were done they ran inside the back of the house laughing, butt naked.

Now it was my turn to get clean. We live in a rural area and most of the houses lack indoor plumbing. You’ll often see people washing in the nearby river, or sometimes taking a bucket bath outside their house. Although it’s common, I didn’t think I’d ever be one of those people as the house I live in has indoor plumbing and I haven’t shed my western modesty.

I surveyed the scene and notice some people sitting outside the nearby houses. Fortunately, the houses aren’t too close, but they are still close enough that you could see everything your neighbors do. I noticed Mr. Garcia working behind his house. He noticed me too and waved. I waved back. I know him from the local store where I buy my convenience items as he’s usually behind the register. Wish he was working at the store today instead of in his yard.

I stripped off my top, but made sure I faced away from my neighbors as I scrubbed myself clean. Then came the moment of truth as I stripped off my muddy bottoms. I continued to face away from my neighbors, figuring it was better to give them a cheeky moon than the whole show. I almost checked to see if anyone was watching, but couldn’t bear the thought of Mr. Garcia waving to me again while I was naked. I hope this isn’t a point of discussion next time I buy chips and a coke at his store. “Hey, I saw your bare butt the other day….”

After I was done washing I noticed that my host mother neglected to put a towel out back. I did a little shake dance to get some of the excess water off me. My room is close to the back door, so I figured I could slip inside undetected. When I walked in the house my host dad and grandpa were standing about 10 feet away from me. I let out a shriek and instinctively covered my breasts and vajayjay with my hands and arms. My host dad, looking stunned, asked why I was wet and naked. I explained I was muddy and had to wash off before entering the house as I embarrassingly walked past them to my room. Yes, living in a rural Guatemala is quite the adventure, but I wouldn’t have it any other way.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to island101 For This Useful Post: