View Single Post
Old 01-20-2010, 02:44 PM

Thanked 260,294 Times in 8,680 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klondike View Post
I found out that this Ukrainian location is east of Koktebel and the Crimean Penninsula. It is called Utrish or Fox Bay.
This has got to be pretty remote and you can kind of tell from the looks of things - pretty makeshift. Good place for hippie, I guess...

KLondike
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klondike View Post
Then we have Divnomorsk which is really easy to pic out among beach pics. Divnomorsk is somewhere between Kazantip and Koktebel where the mountains dip down to the water and form steep cliffs like this. This has to be one of the most recognizable features in nude beach sleuthing. Just look for that angled sedimentary strata high on the cliff banks, and the cleft that often appears... Klondike
1) Actually, Fox Bay is near Koktebel, but Utrish is a different place which is not actually in Crimea; it IS on the Black Sea, but across the Kerch Strait (which is between the Sea of Azov and the Black Sea) and down the coast of Russia, not Ukraine. It is near the resort town of Anapa.
2) Divnomorsk, rather than being in Crimea, is also in Russia a little further south on the same coastline as Utrish, which has a mini-version of the geological feature you noted for Divnomorsk: see the three pictures of a natural shower (the last of which has been part of a set, at least part of which I think was posted at OCC) at Utrish, which I follow with some from Divnomorsk.
3) The first three pictures are all left as I found them labeled (and I also found the same ones on another webpage), which suggests that your final picture in the previous post is in fact from Koktebel, despite the fact that when I originally saw it on some long-forgotten website, it claimed to be from Greece.
4) So, do you want to include Russian Black Sea pictures here, because of being on the same sort of coastline as Crimea, or have them in a non-Ukraine thread? I ask because there are some I've found, using my new Cyrillic-keyboard app, that I could post in either place.
Attached Thumbnails
koktebel1.jpg   koktebel2.jpg  

koktebel3.jpg   utrish9.jpg  

utrish14.jpg   nu6.jpg  

18590019.jpg   18589889.jpg  

5846970niu.jpg   5846982a91.jpg  

Last edited by crispus; 01-20-2010 at 02:50 PM.
The Following 79 Users Say Thank You to crispus For This Useful Post:
69prince69, adampasek1, adior8otos, anders37, anomatheca, anri, berking123, bonfire5890, brinkui, bungoloid, captkerp, carolina boy, chandran1, charlyBerlin, clntnprts, cmykos, Connor1900, dahardy9, Ddddbbbb, dixler, endoftheline, excalibur5, Fabiolino, fb31369, fireballxl5, fkkfreunde, gandolf, george122, germanjack, hardogleken2, Harvey845, herr_Roald, higeek2000, HondaBike, honeybadger, Hurrel, irish drunkard, Jinks, joeri73, karp, kayser05, Klondike, lastdon, lean666, LEVENTT, lilslip33, Marginus, MauCePei, mr EN, mrmarco, Mrs Dalloway, m_blind, necronomicon, ninja10, nippleslip, nitro, nomizulfi, ofsprey, owlyn, Pavlovic, pedro1989, pete1027, pinkdolphin, Polok, popoff, questione, rickj, shesmeslaper, star88th, stubear1012, terriuk, Tfrezzy, TosunPasha, trinpar, unparked, vayaputada, WhizdBiz2, xp2, Yankeeman