View Single Post
Old 03-21-2017, 02:48 PM
Former Moderator

Thanked 365,932 Times in 15,317 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_amanda View Post
I don't disagree with what you're saying. No one wants to see a thread constantly bumped without new content. But I respectfully disagree that my posts fall into that category.

I don't bombard this thread with bumps. I post a simple, polite, and by the way, appreciative post to MrMilfMan on about a once-a-month basis. That's not very often. And yes, he will post when he's "damn good and ready." But when some infrequent requests provide a reminder that people appreciate his content and would love to see more when he might get to it? I don't think for a minute that violates the spirit of the no bumping rule. Rather, it's exactly the sort of 'thank you' that is encouraged and oftentimes motivates others to bring new content. If I posted these requests constantly or if they lacked an appreciation component, I would totally agree that they offer nothing to the board, and therefore violate the no bumping rule. I simply don't think that's the case here.

I want to thank you for leaving my last request and not trimming it this time. In the meantime, since I quoted him in that post, I'm sure MMM has heard the appreciation of myself and others. I'll sit tight until he gets the time to create another clip from what is probably an unweildy (although awesomely hot) larger movie. I'm sure it's a labor of love for him because the work is somewhat of a pain in the ass. He has my gratitude.

All the best,

-Mr. A
In order to keep threads from getting cluttered, OCC has a THANKS button to show the poster how much you appreciate his efforts.

I realize it's a cold and generic method that doesn't convey your true feelings in the way you would like, but as moderators, we have to draw lines on comments.

As stated in the rules:

"Please do not "bump" a thread for the sake of bumping it. Have something vital to contribute, either content (new pictures, videos, or links) or an interesting comment. Please do not bump your own request threads or threads that you started simply to draw attention to them. Pointless bumps will be removed."

It's up to the moderators to interpret this. In your case, I deemed your comments neither vital nor interesting. They reminded me of Bart Simpson in the backseat of the car saying, "are we there yet?"

If you want to pester mrmilfman on his posting timetable, send him a PM whenever you're so inclined, and see how long that lasts.

End of this discussion.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to openthe4thseal For This Useful Post: