Thread: [Request for Non Fiction Stories] Photo developed at stores
View Single Post
Old 04-26-2010, 09:22 AM
Story Forums Moderator

Thanked 5,704 Times in 346 Posts
Default Photo developed at stores

Many years ago, before digital cameras were around, I had many pictures developed at a local photo shoppe.

I knew you could never take them to Walmart, Walgreens, or the like, as they don't develop those kind of pictures.

But in each instance, I would take the pictures, and have them developed. I lost many a picture, as they didn't come out with enough light, or the film was loaded incorrectly in my haste.

I was out at a friends cottage, with a bunch of us, and snagged the below photo with out the wifes knowledge.

After the weekend was over, I sent her over to the same photo shoppe I had used in the past. She asked why in the world did she have to go cross town to develop it. I told her it was the best quality, and that this was helping the little guys.

After a day or so, I sent her back to pick them up.

She didn't know that the picture existed. Until she had the guy inside, open up the envelope and go through the pictures one at a time, as not to make us pay for any that we didn't feel was good enough.

He was going through the pictures one at a time, and went past this one. I guess their eyes met, and she said "uh huh" and kept going.

She called me on the way home, asking what in the world was I thinking!!?!?!??!!?
She was pissed.

She got home and burnt the original and copy in front of me, as to never let anyone see them again.

But she forgot the negative.

She has since lightened up a little with the digital camera.

But I still have the negative of her first exposure anywhere on camera.
:-)
Attached Thumbnails
MWNegative.jpg  
The Following 104 Users Say Thank You to partialputter For This Useful Post:
abear857, acecal, afitguy, Andrew Green, andy_kay, apeyboy, arnoldziffel, artfuldogger, atruevoyeur, ayoungoldman, BaconBot, blueyez54, breastexp101, bris, Bushwhacker716, Candi Delight, Cdldrvr, clc100, crazyhorse91, cufan86, D.M., DanM, Dr Sasho, DRDavenport, Duran Duran, Emperor Wang, erctrl, ez2b0e, Fluffykins, franzz2, Gabberzz, ghettybooty, gogga, goldwingfuzzy, gwm, Hornyinde, hs97jhs, ilovedollydog, iowarider, Iron280, jerry2, jiinx81, Jimmerb, Jinks, Katznjunky, kuryaki, lapeer25, Larry27, LatinBond, laz3boy, LBnJB, macboy1, madahab, magnaebony, mal, mantoban, maxtease, maymedson11, ModelT-MsDollie, Mogli1960, mojo19, MrLooker, mrwhip, mstar23, Muffjunkie, nectcouple, not_typical, old jer, Omega88, pantyworship, pippys, postmanuk, pridesam, PSC, ray123456, riversidebob, sar1f, scott06, sender17, SixPointFive, smutley, Sparkinator, strtgld08, suture, sweety, talbaine, tarstarken, testme97, TheBigM, thegit, thramj, Timbo, timmyw9, toenail, topper333, trexxxz, tylergal, username1234, viltojums, VXCguy, webcrawler, wonderbill, woodchewer, xp2