Thread: [Request for Non Fiction Stories] Photo developed at stores
View Single Post
Old 09-13-2012, 08:35 AM

Thanked 8,380 Times in 553 Posts
Default Nice surprise on old films developed

As a keen photographer of all things I had lots of old undeveloped reels lying around, all about 8 or 10 years old. I hadn't got around to developing them because i'd forgotton what was on them and didn't want to waste money if they were experimental stuff, trying out a new film type etc.

Before throwing them out I thought I'd get a few developed,(no prints) as I can scan them, and I thought maybe they wouldn't develop after all these years.

I picked them up when I was shopping with my wife and when I asked the guy in the shop if they came out Ok he said yes , and I held them up for a cursory glance and could see there were some from the house and some from a trip away. On the end of one of these I could see there were about a dozen shots of my wife posing naked in a hotel room, which I'd forgotton about completely. She was curious so I said, 'oh from one of our walking weekends'
'that's nice' she said. The guy behind the counter smiled partly because he realised she didn't know. A great moment, completely unplanned otherwise I would have ordered prints.
The colour has shifted a little in the negatives but they're better than I would expect after that time, and I can clean them up a little. Great memories of that evening as well.
So don't give up of those old films, there may be some lost gems.

Of course I'll have to tell my wife but I'm sure she'll see the funny side of it?,- I'll let you know.
The Following 29 Users Say Thank You to thefergieferg1 For This Useful Post: