View Single Post
Old 09-27-2017, 03:27 PM

I think you are right although I like to add a few facts

Netherlands:
Yes students still do it but only in student societies. On college or gymnasium not in the open. If they get caught police will start an investigation. In student societies we had a few scandals (Vindicat in Groningen being number one). The members cannot speak out in the open because they sign an agreement if they talk to the press what is happening or show photo's they risk paying a penalty of 20.000 euro. If for a judge a contract like that doesn't count nobody dare to publish or put photo's on the net. Also most societies get financial support from the university if they behave. So I guess it's over. In my days we were initiated on the gymnasium in the fifth grade by six graders. If you couldn't drink you would end up in your pants or worse. By the mid 80's most schools stopped. Mostly it was practice done by christian schools (catholics being number one)

Belgium:
Notorious for having wild initiation parties like cantus,td and schachtenverkoop. Unfortunately most went wrong (Brussels VU and Liege) in the last years so Belgian government is on it. Universities itself seem to support it but we won't get a view as everything takes place behind closed doors. Naked runs by the way are forbidden in Belgium. In the past policer seemed to ignore it. Right now not. Also most students have no mood to join a student society except in the area around Liege. If you ain't a member you will get nowhere. Even professors will make your life impossible.

Germany:
In most cities with a university the rules have been tightened. In Cologne and AAchen Kleiderkette (clothes lines) are forbidden and students who ignore it will face the consequences. Ersti or o phase is feared by many students in other cities. Marburg and Augsburg are the worst. Especially medical students have to strip in big hall in front of the elderly. If you refuse or don't show up you risk becoming an outcast. Although I must say the system seems to crumble. More and more the universities themselves realize the risks. The problem is that freshmen are forced to drink and then at the end of the city rally they have to strip. Pressure from a group is severe. Getting photo's is near impossible.In years 2000 up to 2010 Germany had some initiation events which went very far. Students would rarely post anything on the web. Mostly they would download it on a file or burn a cd. Students themnselves would copy them among themselves. Read their forums and you will notice

Sweden
On the universities the rules are clear. So if something happens it dies without permission of the university itself. Read Swedish newpapers and still scandals are there. Most we don't see because if police receive a complaint and someone inside Sweden keeps posting it he or she is part of a criminal act. On the gymnasium things are still going on. Here happens the most. Because in Sweden they have a nollning several times. Once around sixteen year old student , the other time around eighteen or nineteen in case a person decides to visit a university. Gymnasiet Nollnings are the ones we see the most on the net until the year 2013/2014. Suddenly they all vanished and start posting on student webs or facebook. Again only for members.

So I fear it's over. Just reposting and that's it
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jjj7777 For This Useful Post: