View Single Post
Old 01-29-2016, 11:59 PM

Thanked 4,082 Times in 147 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by George VI View Post
I thought about this recently when I was at the grocery store and, as always, saw some MILFs and other women wearing yoga pants. In the business world, all of the women in my office, young and old, know that if they wear yoga pants to work that they have to have something long covering their butt and crotch, because they show off every little detail. But at the mall, the grocery store, and around my subdivision, many don't. Call it fashion if you want, call if comfortable maybe, but I think at least some percentage of grown women doing this know that they are publicly exposing more than they should to men, but feel they can get away with it because they see "other women do it."

Attire is a big one for this, I believe. Sure there are women who are shy and reluctant to wear skimpy outfits but do because it's the latest fashion and due to peer pressure. But my theory is that a lot of women will wear too-short skirts, too-low tops, tiny thongs, or too-skimpy bathing suits in places that they KNOW are just beyond the bounds of accepted decency and may get them sexual attention, and justify doing it by saying, at least to themselves, "it's okay because the other women are doing it."
My wife has finally admitted to being an exhibitionist. This has lead to some pretty interesting conversations, including one that was specifically what you are talking about. In a nutshell, she uses the very popular trend of wearing yoga pants as her argument that a lot of girls are actually secret exhibitionists, at least sometimes. She says all girls know how much they are showing off if they wear yoga pants. And they originally would hide behind their use to work out. That spread to wearing them in public, and that has now spread to the widespread acceptance of wearing "leggings" in public. Leggings are thinner, and even more revealing than yoga pants. And my wife says that women definitely hide behind the idea that "everyone is wearing them" to justify wearing nearly see-through skin tight leggings in public. They know how much they are showing off, they know they are sometimes see-through in certain lighting or when they bend over, they know we love when they wear them, and they all hide behind the herd mentality while all secretly loving it.
The Following 25 Users Say Thank You to squirrel516 For This Useful Post: