View Single Post
Old 01-20-2010, 07:58 PM
Curator of the museum of public nudity

Thanked 106,642 Times in 6,172 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by crispus View Post
1) Actually, Fox Bay is near Koktebel, but Utrish is a different place which is not actually in Crimea; it IS on the Black Sea, but across the Kerch Strait (which is between the Sea of Azov and the Black Sea) and down the coast of Russia, not Ukraine. It is near the resort town of Anapa.
2) Divnomorsk, rather than being in Crimea, is also in Russia a little further south on the same coastline as Utrish, which has a mini-version of the geological feature you noted for Divnomorsk: see the three pictures of a natural shower (the last of which has been part of a set, at least part of which I think was posted at OCC) at Utrish, which I follow with some from Divnomorsk.
3) The first three pictures are all left as I found them labeled (and I also found the same ones on another webpage), which suggests that your final picture in the previous post is in fact from Koktebel, despite the fact that when I originally saw it on some long-forgotten website, it claimed to be from Greece.
4) So, do you want to include Russian Black Sea pictures here, because of being on the same sort of coastline as Crimea, or have them in a non-Ukraine thread? I ask because there are some I've found, using my new Cyrillic-keyboard app, that I could post in either place.
I had to get out my map because a lot of the info I had was old. I thought I had sleuthed out Divnomorsk as being on the Crimean Penninsula, but I guess not. I do want to include Russian Black Sea pics here and I thought about just doing a thread for "BLack Sea", but we already have Romania in another thread, so lets put everything BLack Sea but not Bulgaria or Romania here.

The shower set is a good one and I have wondered about that location.

Anyway, My computer is showing signs of crashing, and so if you guys don't here from me for a while, you'll know why....wish me luck -

Klondike
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Klondike For This Useful Post: