View Single Post
Old 10-10-2014, 06:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickGesitt View Post
Ignoring whatever it is those other two are going on about, it's great to see this perfect story continue.

The best thing about this chapter in my eyes is how you made sure to spend time covering the fallout of Sasha's action from the last chapter. You showed the world reacting to the sudden shift in programming with the boost in Network Subscriptions and that NxT had become the most-watched show on the Network. That's what I've always wondered about in stories like these: What everyone's reaction is? How does the outside work suddenly reacts to a PG-13 shift from what was previously a PG show? So great job taking the time to cover that.

I loved how you had the fans no-sell Summer and her cookie-cutter promo. You mentioned Triple H and Regal trying to ignore Sasha's actions like the WWE often tries to do with something popular that they didn't create but the Full Sail crowd kept going like it was a Chicago show and kept chanting until Summer was forced to break away from her script and finally acknowledge them. Great stuff. I also really enjoyed Sasha ripping Summer apart on the mic.

In addition to the WWE Universe's reactions, you made sure to show the reactions of almost all the NxT Divas' Division. You showed that Sasha was proud of herself for her actions and has decided to keep doing what got her noticed last week so she can finally make a name for herself. Becky and Charlotte were both upset about Sasha's actions but for different reasons. Becky doesn't so much care about the stripping as much as she wants to get revenge for her friend while Charlotte wants to maintain the legitimate image of "her" NxT Divas Division. And of course, Bayley's bounced back and is out to repay Sasha in kind. So now because of her actions Sasha has the majority of the NxT Divas Division gunning for her. Once again, great job giving all the girls a chance to reveal their motivations and develop character. This is better way better writing than the WWE puts out.

Also since you asked about it last time, I'll give you my take on the action. This wasn't a match, just a beat down so it didn't need to go on very long. The ending was great, Sasha throwing Summer into a ring post is definitely enough to knock Summer out long enough for Sasha to strip her. However, I don't know if Sasha did enough damaged to Summer in the ring for her to be in so much pain that she couldn't escape when she slipped out of the ring. I've seen both superstars and divas recover from and even turn around beat downs that were way worse. No worries though, we'll just say that Summer couldn't get away because was caught so off guard and unprepared by Sasha's sudden attack.

I'm looking forward to next chapter. Sasha's gonna be caught out in the open when she faces Becky in the next chapter so that's the perfect time for Bayley and any of the other divas that she's angered to go after her for revenge. Better watch out Sasha because "BAYLEY'S GONNA STRIP YOU!"
Thanks for the kind words again Mick, and I'm glad you are liking this story so much. I am glad you picked up and liked the backstage reaction point of all of this; that reaction from people in power such as Triple H and (kayfabe) William Regal is actually going to come into more direct prominence in the story over the next 3 or 4 chapters. It won't be a case of just this is how they reacted this week, there will be consequences from these forces, and appearances from power figures. They may go to borderline ridiculous places, but given what this story is, there is very little I can do to avoid this now that I have introduced them into this world; I have to explain why they are suddenly going to accept the stripping over the course of 8 weeks (Yes to confirms, this story will be 8 chapters long, and I have everything planned out) without having firings.

Thanks for your kind words on the character motivation as well, yeah that was totally the mindset I was looking to give each girl. One thing I hope came across alright as well was the mindset of Charlotte; that she has no time for the whole stripping game, and wants no part of it, so when she says she wants to beat Sasha, she doesn't mean beat and strip, she just means battering her. I would also hope that these motivations reflect a piece of each girls personality; I have one in mind for every girl, all distinct from each other, and I would hope that you all could pick up on that.

And on the beat down, again thanks for the kind words. On the rolling outside thing, I chalk that down to me not describing the situation good enough; what I was intending to describe was one of those moments you see where a wrestler rolls out the ring, but instead of landing on there feet to run away, they roll straight onto the floor with a thud. After which they need to grab the side to help themselves up, which usually leads to there attacker running out the ring and getting them. All very fast; like 5 seconds or so. So it was less Summer being so beat down she couldn't move, and more she was so hurt/frantic that she couldn't get out the ring with grace, which resulted in her being easy for Sasha to catch.

Thanks again, and I hope you enjoy the next chapter (coming pretty soon, I mean it this time, because I want to get it out there before I really start to get snowed under with work)