View Single Post
Old 02-09-2017, 10:48 AM

Default Nice!

I think I've sufficiently established on this board that I adore Mickie James. So I'll always enjoy seeing stories with her featured in them.

Personally, I prefer how the original went. But that's not a slight against you or your writing but rather that Mickie's 'Obsession' storyline with Trish is one of my all-time favorite WWE storylines. It's extremely rare for the WWE Writers to allow a diva storyline to build up and play out over the course of six months. The only thing that comes close is the Divas Revolution but there they just divided everyone up into teams and had countless pointless matches that didn't amount toward anything until Charlotte won the Divas Championship and started turning heel.

You had Mickie show up and railroad Trish with her crazy-stalker-insanity. I definitely enjoyed seeing Trish get flustered as Mickie and her camera got more and more invasive. But the real appeal of Psycho Mickie came from her obsession developing over time. Seeing her go from a hyperactive uber fan, to clingy, smothering and jealous and then to a full-blown psycho going into WrestleMania was what made the half-year storyline so incredible.

Again, I enjoyed your story and your writing. You have a real knack for showing off Trish Stratus. But the original Mickie James and her obsession storyline hold a special place in my heart which causes them to set an impossibly high bar that most other stories can't hope to meet.
The Following User Says Thank You to MickGesitt For This Useful Post: