View Single Post
Old 09-09-2008, 06:42 AM

Thanked 1,388 Times in 161 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex3116 View Post
What's more I always though NZ was a fairly conservative sort of place where the authorities would take a dim view of this sort of thing.
In NZ being nude in public is only illegal if it is also obscene or done with the intention of causing offence. So lying nude on a beach (any beach) is OK, but mooning could get you into trouble.

The police have received complaints about things like World Naked Bike Ride but respond that no laws are being broken. I saw a news story on TV a few years back about a radio station giving a prize to a couple of listeners who were naked in the middle of a city, and showed them being talked to by police then sent on their way (still naked).

Being legal and being accepted or common are very different though. Nude sunbathing is very rare, as are topless women.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex3116 View Post
Glad it happens somwhere, but why do these sort of things always happen somewhere else? This is really getting to me, it's like when you're an adolecent and are convinced that everyone else is having sex all the time
From here it doesn't seem like we get many good public nudity events. Grass is always greener over the fence I guess.