View Single Post
Old 05-05-2008, 02:20 AM
Our man at the nudist beach

Thanked 148,270 Times in 3,810 Posts

In Spain, nudity is legal virtually everywhere, however people tend to use beaches with a nudist reputation, as it can be daunting to be the only nude on a full beach. Here is the legal situation, from the Spanish Maturist organisation...
Quote:
At this time there is freedom of nudism in any public area in Spain and no authorization is required. Beaches, rivers, lakes, open fields, tracks, roads, streets, squares, parks, etc. are public areas in Spain.
According to the current legislation, nudism cannot be limited, nor sanctioned and even less so forbidden.
I use a collection of beaches along the Costa del Sol, stretching from Marbella in the south west to the Costa tropical in the east.
The beach featured in the shot above from yesterday is this one..
Quote:
Cantarriján
Isolated cove with beach bars. Access down steep 2km track through nature reserve. Access from the coast road is just to the west of the Cero Gordo road tunnel. Sign posted.

This is about 55km from Malaga, east along the motorway, but along this coastline, you will find dozens of beaches.
As far as beach users, this will change on a day to day basis.

Yesterday was the last day of a four day long weekend, so the beach was busy. The ratio is about 50-50 males to females, although single (and gay male) couples are in evidence, yesterday I was next to a group of 5 x 30-40 year old women with a young 10 year girl. Because of the girl, I did not even attempt to take shots of them, this is a rule I have had since I started taking shots. Groups of women like this are quite common, and they redress the ratio of the sexes.

On the beach away from the bars, nudity is about 90%, at weekends, this falls on the beach near the bars to about 30%, but during the week, even this part of the beach can up to 70% nude.

The age groups seem to mainly 20-40 years in the main, with a sprinkling of retired folk (often from northern europe) and a few school age children.

There is another beach, nearer Malaga (near Torre del Mar) where larger families tend to go, this beach is alway 99% fully nude, but becuse of the large number of kids present, I only go there with friends and always leave the camera at home.

If you ever get the chance, visit the Costa del Sol, the best time are May to late June and then September to October. The beaches are great and the scenery is stunning too.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Pedro the Fisherman For This Useful Post: