View Single Post
Old 04-04-2014, 01:38 PM

Thanked 1,771 Times in 103 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by karaban View Post
I didn't go last year, but that's certainly the opposite of what most people said. The organisers - were very up front in explaining that people would be photographed, that the event would be publicised, and so on. I think everyone who went was fully aware of the situation. By contrast, WNBRs have shifting rules that change all the time (don't agree with your part in bold), and there's frequently huge friction between riders and photogs. Haven't heard of any of that from Tiger Streak. Actually, the rules are very sensible - photogs are behind a barrier, so they can't get into too much personal space, runners must be naked but can wear a mask if they don't want to be identified. WNBR would be a lot easier with that clarity.

Would also guess that they won't change the rules this year either - they need the publicity after all, they're hardly going to hold it behind closed doors.
I agree, even Fremont Solstice has figured this out and they're having record numbers of riders now a days. Just make it VERY CLEAR people will be photographed and draw a line and make it clear that participators are on one side while the photographers are on the other. And there's no "but WNBR is a free ride while you have to pay for the Tiger Streak" because Fremont is a free ride as well.

Make people FULLY AWARE of the situation and you'll be surprised how many people show up, especially if it's for a good cause.
The Following User Says Thank You to flashingfemales For This Useful Post: