View Single Post
Old 04-01-2014, 10:32 AM

Thanked 5,555 Times in 469 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 27cows View Post
Yep, missed this post I think the controlled nature will put off many seasoned snappers. WNBR rides take place in public and you know where you stand. Having to apply to cover event - that will put most people off, including me. Also, not snapping on public land will deter photographers. The organisers can make up their own rules on a whim.
I didn't go last year, but that's certainly the opposite of what most people said. The organisers - were very up front in explaining that people would be photographed, that the event would be publicised, and so on. I think everyone who went was fully aware of the situation. By contrast, WNBRs have shifting rules that change all the time (don't agree with your part in bold), and there's frequently huge friction between riders and photogs. Haven't heard of any of that from Tiger Streak. Actually, the rules are very sensible - photogs are behind a barrier, so they can't get into too much personal space, runners must be naked but can wear a mask if they don't want to be identified. WNBR would be a lot easier with that clarity.

Would also guess that they won't change the rules this year either - they need the publicity after all, they're hardly going to hold it behind closed doors.