View Single Post
Old 07-07-2010, 10:40 PM

Thanked 41,715 Times in 1,667 Posts

I'm intrigued by this as well.

I'd say you're right about this being China (I'm not particularly adept at differentiating Chinese writing from Japanese, or the faces I'm sorry to say), based on the Olympic torches in the banners. Also based on that I'd say this was at least two years ago.

However, I'm not entirely sure we're looking at something guaranteed to lead anywhere. It's not entirely clear this is a car show rather than just a dealership. So this might not be as "public" as we're assuming. Also, since it's only one girl, it's not clear that this is some big promotion. It could just be a photographer using the set to snap a few art/glamour nudes.

But hopefully somehow can step up and provide more clues.

Edit: OK, I'm now seeing this is at least two different girls with two different cars, so maybe there's more to it than I thought. It still could just be a dealership, but the ID tags around the bystanders necks leads me consider otherwise. But it could still just be an independent photographer using the set to get some shots, but the fact that it's multiple girls and multiple cars make it possible this could in fact be some kind of publicity stunt. Also, by the way, these are VW's, as indicated by the logo on the hub cap.

Last edited by flanker7; 07-07-2010 at 10:45 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to flanker7 For This Useful Post: