Thread: Busted by Evan
View Single Post
Old 02-07-2011, 11:02 PM

Thanked 4,654 Times in 263 Posts
Default Part V

Knowing I had accomplished my mission I was feeling quite proud of myself. So I climbed out of the truck and ran in field butt-naked doing a dance. I had made it about twenty five yards from my truck and I turned around to come back and out of the corner of my eye I saw the roof of a truck with an olive green paint job. Olive green is a distinct color in that it is typically the color of a park ranger’s vehicle.

I ran back to the truck as fast as I could. I jumped into the back and got my underwear and pants on as fast as I could. Lynn seeing the look on my face asked what was wrong and I motioned to the park ranger truck that was driving down the hill towards us. I knew we were busted, I just didn't know how badly. You see a park ranger has the same authority as a police officer. So the potential for getting charged for something was pretty high. Plus the fact that Lynn worked at the police department in the nearest city meant that someone in the local sheriff's office might hear our names when and if the park ranger called us in to run our ID's.

As it went, Evan, the park ranger was pretty cool. He ran me and discovered I had no warrants. He looked at Lynn's police ID card and figured out what the story was. He never ran her knowing the amount of problems that would cause.

That was our last time we ever went to that particular place. Now whenever I drive to southern California I go past the entrance to the reservoir on highway 5 and get this slight grin on my face.
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to ev1l0ne For This Useful Post: