Thread: Benny Hill
View Single Post
Old 02-19-2022, 07:36 PM

Thanked 75,576 Times in 2,645 Posts
Default Ship's Cruise (1983)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonmol View Post
I remember it well. The girl was particularly beautiful (see photo). I was always on the lookout for her in future episodes, but never saw her again. Search YouTube for: HBO promo for the Benny Hill show (1984). She's at the very end of the clip.
Found the clip. It comes from Series 14, Episode 1 (1983), and is part of a musical sketch known as "Ship's Cruise." It was the last series where it was old school Benny regarding style and nudity, before pressure from feminist and "Alternative comedy" critics saw him change it to more family orientated style. You can't say the man didn't try to appease his critics, though try seeing today's comics do the same when asked!

The sketch mentioned comes at the end of the routine, which sees Jane Conaway surprised in a towel by Benny, who tosses a parcel at her to catch, only for her towel to drop. Before then there is a number of saucy numbers, the most revealing I've compiled into this video. It begins with Jackie and Jenny Lee Wright (no relation) being shown into their cabin by Benny, only to find a chest of drawers with Corrine Russell on the front naked with only a plant pot to spare her modesty. Then there is a fitness dance number by the Hill's Angels (Corrine Russell, Jane Conaway, Sue Upton, Louise English, Elfrida Ashworth, Gilian Adams, Maria Whittaker and Tracy Evans) with thong like costumes, before a cheeky beach ball sketch (which I've included in my Pat of Appreciation thread), then Hills Angels numbers involving only flowers covering their breasts (and also including sisters Sharon and Tina Bond), and lingerie, which also features Mandy Perriment and has Lousie English singing in both numbers. Finally, as mentioned, is Jane Conaway's towel dropping sketch. I thought as they were all from the same musical sketch, they might as well be included in one whole video, though it has meant reducing the number of pics of each sketch.

As for Jane Conaway, she only did the one series with Benny Hill in 1983, and is now a health practitioner and author.
Attached Thumbnails
Screenshot (4950).jpg   Screenshot (4951).jpg  

Screenshot (4961).jpg   Screenshot (4964).jpg  

Screenshot (4966).jpg   Screenshot (4968).jpg  

Screenshot (4969).jpg   Screenshot (4974).jpg  

Screenshot (4977).jpg  
Attached Files
File Type: mpg The Benny Hill Show S14E01_(Cruise Liner) (1983)_mpeg2video.mpg (112.81 MB, 139 views)
Streaming Videos