View Single Post
Old 07-12-2018, 12:24 PM

Thanked 14,671 Times in 1,505 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilas123 View Post
She actually shared a naked photo of herself on her Facebook-page last year and was pissed that Facebook deleted it, so she shared the link to a gallery on a newspaper instead. Didn't think she cared that much.

Denmark is very free in mind on this matter but getting exactly 12 girls and 12 guys have always been a problem, since the race started. Seen multiple from this years race, share the naked pictures of themselves on their own Instagram profiles, one of this years girl participants, even ran with her brother.

When you participate in the naked run at Roskilde, you know that medias will come and take pictures and send live. When your'e topless by the festival lake, you know the media will come and take pictures. People know that you can't do anything at Roskilde, without the risk of media taking pictures, because they have photographers and reporters all over.

I know the problems with WNBR, but thats maybe because the people taking pictures actually can be creepy and some photographers focuses heavily on specific girls. You don't often see medias bring pictures from these events.

Roskilde naked run is about being naked for fun and having no problem in showing your body to everyone, it's a protest against censorship of the naked body. WNBR is about something else and maybe that's what upset some of the people attending the WNBR events.

The organizers of the naked run actually invites the media. The organizers of WNBR (at least in Byron Bay this year) tried to keep them away.
Personally, I think that we are seeing the calm before the storm. Look at how common it is for regular girls to wear thong bikinis to the beach and to post pictures of the same to social media. Even high school girls think nothing of showing their butts in public. At some point (i'd bet within 5 years), Instagram and Facebook will relax the rules on breasts. At that point, there will be a lot more public and social nudity and it will become so common that it won't be looked down on (thongs aren't looked down on), and many girls with great bodies will proudly bare as much as the social media platform allows.

I'd bet that by 2025, toplessness will overtake the beaches and social media - events featuring nudity may grow or may fade out, hard to say - but in any case, the incidence of regular people showing more skin is increasing daily and will continue to increase as the younger generations continue to ignore and/or rebel against previous socially acceptable standards about display of their bodies.

Fun times ahead I believe
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to retrac55 For This Useful Post: