Thread: WNBR 2016
View Single Post
Old 05-31-2016, 06:04 PM

Thanked 14,592 Times in 384 Posts
Default ride planning

Quote:
Originally Posted by c747584@trbvm.com View Post
Anyone interested in writing short descriptions for where the rides tend to pause for photo opportunities? Specifically for those who don't have cars or bikes. Bristol is next weekend, so that could be the first one to write up.
Sounds like a good idea to me. Can't help with the southern rides, being based north of the border these days and not having covered a ride myself. I've seen lots of good tips over recent years here on OCC about putting ride participants at their ease about photos; Pedro, FDooby, and Looker81 spring immediately to mind.

I'm considering popping down for the inaugural Newcastle ride though, in July. As a new ride with 1,000 potential riders it may well be worth the 3hr return trip- always a beautiful drive as well . The suggested route is on the FB page, and I've had a look over it- know the ground moderately well after doing the GNR twice and visiting the city several times over the years. I can see at least five good photo op spots plus four potential rest/regrouping areas.

My thoughts would benefit from more detailed knowledge though. Anyone interested in sharing ideas, please PM me!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JammyS For This Useful Post: