View Single Post
Old 08-18-2013, 12:54 AM

Thanked 14,424 Times in 602 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fango View Post
Still nothing on Flickr? WTF is going on? Am I just spoiled by the extensive and immediate coverage of every other modern public nudity event, or did this really somehow get missed by every single Flickr photographer?
Maybe it is something to do with spectators having to buy tickets in advance. Three immediate disadvantages - a) it costs money, b) you can't just turn up on the day, and c) you have to give someone your name. A lot of Flickr photographers value their anonymity, I imagine.

It has just occurred to me that there were actually more participants than spectators, which seems bizarre. There was only a thin line of spectators along the barriers, maybe 100 or so, whereas there were at least a couple of hundred nude runners.

The bottom line is this was a private event on private land, you had to have a ticket or a registration form or you couldn't get in. Even so, it does seem odd (and disappointing) that for an event open to anyone, with photography actively encouraged, more people did not take advantage of this somewhat unique opportunity. I'm sorry my photographs were not Flickr standard, but at least they allowed the professional media photographers full access. And I'm actually quite glad there weren't hordes of Asian men pointing huge lenses at peoples' vaginas.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to daveduchovny For This Useful Post: