View Single Post
Old 02-27-2013, 02:30 AM

Thanked 42,100 Times in 1,687 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klondike View Post
the groups name still appears in post no 1 because its in the link (without spaces).

the pic below was in my folder for this group, but the filename is tumblr and so I'm not certain it really is them.

several other of my pics seem almost designed to be oogled I don't know what this groups true mission is but in looking through what I've got, pics have that "Helios Natura" quality, and as you know, Helios Natura is pseudo naturism i.e naturism for profit. Anyway, but since one pays to become a member of this group, I suppose it is profitable to lure prospective members by dangling amply endowed (in more ways than one) picture galleries in front of their noses as inducement. I have in the past payed more for less. Now again supposing that there is this potential profit motive at work here, don't you suppose that organizers would be especially vigilant when it comes to policing the spread of these pics across the net? But in a nutshell, knowing Florida and all, I smell money, and also see a guy smiling at having thought of a way to make some while having fun too. Its just too curious - pics designed to be oogled, and events in public places that are well advertised, but then the pics are marked private like "oh, we're not really wanting to be oogled at all". Yeah, not for free at any rate..

pseudonaturism? I think it might fit the definition...

Klondike
K, I don't think this photo is related to the Flo Young Nats. There are a couple pages in the main "S.k.i.n.n.y.d.i.p.p.i.n.g." thread where we tried to source the pic, and we found a couple more from the same series, semi-clothed. It appears to be alcohol-induced skinnydipping, not naturism. Plus, most of the FL group reappear in many photos, and these girls are not in any others from that group.

As for their sincerity, I have a pretty good BS/scam detector, I think this group is legit. I've kept up with their FB and other media the last couple years off and on, and most of what they do is private, undocumented, and for their own enjoyment, not to titillate the internet audience. As for the profit motive, nearly all of the circulated pics come from their web site, which briefly had a members section. It wasn't a subscription site. For a one-time paypal donation you got access to their pics collection. It was only like 20 bucks or something. My guess is that it was fundraising to pay for the camp site rental for their events, and stuff like that. If they wanted to, they could easily have an expensive membership site, or sell DVD's, or something like that, and they don't. Their publicity videos (on vimeo) are basically just interviews where young people talk candidly about why they're naturists.

The "young" part isn't really there to specifically privilege youthful beauty (though that's the result for outsiders like us). It's because young people like hanging out with young people, and naturism has a reputation of being an old folks' pastime. College kids are doing naked stuff all the time--naked runs, naked parties, streaking, etc. I think by creating these events like "Naked Spring Break," they're tapping into young people's fascination with nudity, and using it to get them interested in naturism. So yeah, there's some marketing/branding work going on here, but it's to try to convert people to their lifestyle, not necessarily to make money.
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to flanker7 For This Useful Post: