One Click Chicks Forum

One Click Chicks Forum (https://forum.oneclickchicks.com/index.php)
-   Site Feedback & Support (https://forum.oneclickchicks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Post Limit (https://forum.oneclickchicks.com/showthread.php?t=212755)

1Gomer 08-11-2017 08:52 PM

Post Limit

Has Admin or the Mods ever considered limiting the number of posts that one individual can make in each of the different main Forums in one 24 hour period? There seems to be some members that like to post after post just to keep their material on the front page and drive all the other posts to the back pages where they are rarely seen.
10 posts per Forum per day should give everyone a chance to have their post on page one for a few hours so that it will be noticed. Very few people go past the first three or four pages before going to a different Forum.

I'm not trying to start a war... I just think everyone should have a chance to have their post on page one for a while.

Gomer

tom_cat 08-14-2017 02:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1Gomer (Post 2485998)
Has Admin or the Mods ever considered limiting the number of posts that one individual can make in each of the different main Forums in one 24 hour period? There seems to be some members that like to post after post just to keep their material on the front page and drive all the other posts to the back pages where they are rarely seen.
10 posts per Forum per day should give everyone a chance to have their post on page one for a few hours so that it will be noticed. Very few people go past the first three or four pages before going to a different Forum.

I'm not trying to start a war... I just think everyone should have a chance to have their post on page one for a while.

Gomer

I know some forums limit the amount of threads you can have in each section. If you can only have two or three threads it helps somewhat with flooding. They can still post the hell out of each of their threads, but it would be only three.

Matthew1993 08-14-2017 05:23 AM

Quote:

Gomer

I think I know the one you're on about, If he keeps it up he'll have more posts than "thanks", and those posts are taken directly from another forum.

openthe4thseal 08-14-2017 08:58 PM

Quote:

Gomer

Unfortunately, there are no rules against flooding or built-in safeguards to prevent it.
I suppose we think that our members would have more respect for one another by not hogging the board, so other people can post and not see their efforts disappear off the first page quicker than a 4chan/b/ post.
40 posts in one thread or a single post in 40 threads; it's all the same.
If you feel someone is flooding, send me a PM if I'm online. You'll remain anonymous. I'll take a look.
I have no problem with temporarily closing a thread or two to cool someone's jets.