One Click Chicks Forum

One Click Chicks Forum (https://forum.oneclickchicks.com/index.php)
-   Site Feedback & Support (https://forum.oneclickchicks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Change Username (https://forum.oneclickchicks.com/showthread.php?t=203996)

dustybrady 11-20-2016 08:39 PM

Change Username

Is there a way to change my username?

ghost67 11-20-2016 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pwein212 (Post 2330436)
Is there a way to change my username?

I think you have to ask a mod or admin to change it for you.

ivanb 11-28-2016 06:49 AM

You are right Ghost. The Admin can change it to anything that is not already im use or doesn't violate forum rules

dragon14 06-03-2017 12:03 PM

I have asked for my user name to be changed by using the Contact button. Have had no reply from my request several days ago. Anything I am doing wrong?

tom_cat 06-03-2017 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scb55 (Post 2445501)
I have asked for my user name to be changed by using the Contact button. Have had no reply from my request several days ago. Anything I am doing wrong?

Do what I did, send a PM to admin.

dragon14 06-04-2017 05:08 PM

Thanks Tom Cat, but still no joy, why is so difficult to do the simple things here!

Fango 06-04-2017 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scb55 (Post 2446270)
Thanks Tom Cat, but still no joy, why is so difficult to do the simple things here!

Admin only logs in once every few days. Please be patient until he can get online again.

Fango

dragon14 06-05-2017 03:41 PM

OK thanks Fango, didn't realise that

schlubby 06-07-2017 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scb55 (Post 2446270)

Just because something is (or should be) simple on the technical side doesn't mean it should be made simple for people to do. In a forum like this, people know you by your username, and there may be hundreds of quoted comments that include your old username. None of them would make any sense later after your name change. There are legitimate reasons to change a username, and these things may not apply to you, but they're a couple of the many reasons that discussion groups have always made it harder for people to change their names than it technically has to be - you can change a hundred other things yourself, but not your username. This is a larger group than most, but in smaller groups where everybody knows each other, it's a much bigger deal, and would be disorienting if somebody was changing their username several times a day. And once in a while, somebody would do that just to mess with everybody else.

tom_cat 06-11-2017 12:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by schlubby (Post 2448059)
Just because something is (or should be) simple on the technical side doesn't mean it should be made simple for people to do. In a forum like this, people know you by your username, and there may be hundreds of quoted comments that include your old username. None of them would make any sense later after your name change. There are legitimate reasons to change a username, and these things may not apply to you, but they're a couple of the many reasons that discussion groups have always made it harder for people to change their names than it technically has to be - you can change a hundred other things yourself, but not your username. This is a larger group than most, but in smaller groups where everybody knows each other, it's a much bigger deal, and would be disorienting if somebody was changing their username several times a day. And once in a while, somebody would do that just to mess with everybody else.

I don't disagree that changing your username often is a bad idea. I only changed mine because I had a very good reason, my old name was nice_pussy (meaning I'm a nice cat), but I got dick pics in my messages. :eek: For this reason I changed my name so there would be no mistake that I too have a dick and don't want to see some other dude's dick.