One Click Chicks Forum

One Click Chicks Forum (https://forum.oneclickchicks.com/index.php)
-   Site Feedback & Support (https://forum.oneclickchicks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   P2P Searches (https://forum.oneclickchicks.com/showthread.php?t=21093)

belal 08-22-2007 11:40 PM

Quick question regarding bearshare

So how do you choose a different network (Gnutella etc) to search? After installing bearshare 6.1 the only things you can search is for music and no options for browsing hosts or anything like that.

Sorry if there's a really obvious answer that I'm missing somewhere.

eNergy 08-23-2007 10:56 AM

Tryhttp://www.oldversion.com .com for previous version's that allow these search term's ;)

Version 5.2.5.3 work's fine for default image filename searching.

There are quite alot of other p2p app's out there that allow searching on the Gnutella & Gnutella2 network's, but I always seem to end up reverting back to Bearshare because the interface is very user friendly.

Hope this help's.

Good luck with your finding ;)

eNergy

D.P.S 10-18-2007 01:35 PM

great advice, love your avatar btw. just saw the photo myself on another site, strange how things seem to pop up all over the place sometimes. especially looking at her lol

D.P.S 10-26-2007 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by meandmygirl (Post 347931)
To be fair, I've tried bearshare a couple of times, but never worked out how to search for JPGs. The dropdown only shows Music, Videos and Music&Videos.

Never had the patience to work it out. So if you can tell me how to, I will share all my new finds.

The latest version of bearshare limits you to only those, goto http://www.oldversion.com/program.php?n=bearshare and download a slightly older version that still allows jpg and other searching. Hope that helps.

cobra82 07-01-2008 08:00 PM

Hi,

I'm a new user. I came from Italy so excuse me for my bad english. :)

I've used for a long amount of time emule to find a "true find" and I've getted some results.
Now I use Shareaza and I'm very satisfied of it. I love the picture preview of this program. (not work wit all host but...)
The only thing that I hate is the search. :( (can't refine a search)

I've tried bearshare 5.2.5. But it don't have the picture preview and the path of the picture is not available

Is there a program that have picture preview and a powerful search function?

bye

chickman 01-25-2009 06:19 AM

use emule

Quote:

Originally Posted by cobra82 (Post 434111)
Hi,

I'm a new user. I came from Italy so excuse me for my bad english. :)

I've used for a long amount of time emule to find a "true find" and I've getted some results.
Now I use Shareaza and I'm very satisfied of it. I love the picture preview of this program. (not work wit all host but...)
The only thing that I hate is the search. :( (can't refine a search)

I've tried bearshare 5.2.5. But it don't have the picture preview and the path of the picture is not available

Is there a program that have picture preview and a powerful search function?

bye

hi cobra82, so am i came from Italy, so i advise to use emule and/ or utorrent !

ibjman 01-31-2009 05:58 PM

other search terms?

I'm new to forums so please just let me know if I post something incorrectly.
Using Limewire...I've found some good results using search terms: Moi, piscina, vacances, random.
Does anyone know how to get around the 3 charachter minimum search in Limewire? I would like to be able to search "me" but it won't allow that says has to be more than 2 digits to avoid clogging the "network".

LubbockDiesel 03-17-2010 05:29 PM

Some of my P2P tricks...

First of all, please excuse the terrible spacing on my post. I'm working with a Blackberry here.

Here are a few of my search tricks with which I've struck gold. This was prior to my OCC membership. My wife is on serious computer patrol; otherwise I'd be a MUCH more active poster!

Here we go:
1. Do a document search for "resume," "essay," "homework," etc. I'll browse the hosts from these results and come up with some great pic or vid finds from time to time. The plus side to this method is you can often put a name with the face in the pics.

2. Like a previous poster mentioned, try image or video search terms that a person might use to describe their personal pictures. Examples: "nakey," "nekkid," "omg," "omfg," "lmao," "your eyes only," "for you," or the word "for" followed by common male names. You could also try the terms "weeks" or "months" if you're into pregnant chicks; some of them like a nude picture record of their pregnancy progress and will label it by their pregnancy length. This is another hit or miss method that will occasionally come up with some great original finds.

3. Finally, search for songs that are popular with the younger (college) crowd. Then, browse the host and hope you get lucky. People will share anything and everything.

chickman 07-13-2010 11:14 AM

try for .....

try for

"попки" and "popki"

(they means ass ):rolleyes:

nobody11011 01-17-2011 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joepurt007 (Post 762835)
Hey everyone,
Well, I have been using limewire since I can remember and since they updated it to a music/video sharing only, I can no longer find pictures. Does anyone have any other recommendations? I have tried bearshare and shareaza and they are both failures. Are we doomed?

yep. pretty much.